5 Things to Consider When Buying a Pressure Washer
When it comes to home improvement, one of the simplest and most affordable projects is pressure washing. A professional pressure wash can remove built-up dirt, debris, and algae from your roof, and can also help to seal the roofing material and prevent leaks. The cost of a professional pressure wash will vary depending on the size of your roof, but it is generally a relatively inexpensive way to improve the look of your home and protect your investment.
When purchasing a pressure washer, there are a few things you should keep in mind in order to get the best machine for your needs.
Here are 5 things to consider when buying a pressure washer:
- The size of the machine: Pressure washers come in a variety of sizes, from small machines that can be stored in a closet to large commercial-grade machines. The size of the machine you need will depend on the size of the job you plan to use it for. If you only plan to use it for small jobs around the house, then a smaller machine will suffice. But if you plan to use it for larger projects, such as cleaning the exterior of your home or washing your car, then you’ll need a larger machine.
- The type of pump: Pressure washers have two types of pumps – electric and gas. Electric pumps are more lightweight and easy to use, but they require an electrical outlet to operate. Gas pumps are more powerful and can be used for bigger jobs, but they’re also heavier and more difficult to operate. Choose the type of pump based on the size of the job you plan to use it for.
- The pressure: Pressure washers come with a variety of pressures, from 1,500 PSI to 4,000 PSI. The higher the pressure, the more powerful the machine is. However, high-pressure machines can be more difficult to control and may cause damage to surfaces if not used properly. Choose a machine with the appropriate pressure for the job you plan to use it for.
- The price: Pressure washers range in price from around thousands dollars. The price you pay will depend on the size and power of the machine you choose. If you only need a small machine for occasional use, then you can get by with a less expensive model. But if you plan to use your pressure washer regularly, then you’ll need to invest in a more powerful and durable model.
- The warranty: Most pressure washers come with a one-year warranty. However, some manufacturers offer extended warranties for an additional fee. Be sure to read the warranty carefully before purchasing a pressure washer to make sure you understand what is and is not covered.
Following these tips will help you choose the best pressure washer for your needs. Pressure washing is a simple and affordable way to improve the look of your home and protect your investment. Choose the right machine for the job and be sure to read the warranty carefully before making your purchase.